Get organized and started well before your first day in the new role by developing your Executive Transition Playbook.
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Below is a checklist to jump-start your entry into a new role:
- Complete the previous assignment — leave it better than you found it.
- Organize and lead yourself into the role by developing an Executive Transition Playbook including your transition goals, and strategies to enter the role.
- Begin gathering information about the company and map out your own learning plan including the pertinent questions, topics and areas to assess.
- Be prepared physically, mentally and emotionally by incorporating healthy practices into your daily routine.
- Help others see your valuable assets to the team. Get prepared to talk about yourself and your unique brand.
- Plan ahead for the many conversations. Who will you want to meet and in what sequence?
- Assess your leadership and determine how you will approach this situation.
- Seek advice and rally key resources that can support your entry into the role.
- Figure out the best strategy to stay visible and available by creating your leadership communication plan.
I wish you the best in your new role and hope these practical ideas and tools help you with your transition.
For more information and ideas, please visit our website www.hapgrp.com or order a copy of The Executive Transition Playbook: Strategies for Starting Strong, Staying Focused, and Succeeding in a New Leadership Role on Amazon.com